An Epilogue

I feel that my last post requires something of an epilogue.

It came to my attention, through a somewhat amusing conversation which I will not relate here, that what I had taken to be persimmon trees were actually apple trees, stripped of their leaves yet still burdened with shriveled red fruit.

And really, in defense for this mistake, the trees do look quite similar when one is driving by at high speed and trying to pay attention to the road and not the view.

Even so, it does not seem to me that I am entirely to blame for this mistaken identification. I am rather inclined to believe that the apple trees, as well as a few others whose true nature I have not yet discovered, have been actively concealing their identity. Most likely, some prominent tree in the area is putting on a masquerade, and the apple trees have decided to dress as persimmon trees. That, in any case, is my personal opinion on the matter.

Comments