First Position

The other day I was teaching one of my little ballet students how to properly hold her arms in a certain position. To illustrate a point, I asked her to imagine that she was holding a basket, which she did. She then went on to tell me exactly what was in her basket- apparently it was full of berries, and fruits, and many other nice things for making cakes and pies, and especially berry ice cream. She also explained that she had put in some cabbage, for cabbage pudding, which was just for me... hmmm... still not quite sure how she came up with that one...

I think the best part about my job is listening to the stories that my students tell me, and seeing how much fun they have imagining and pretending. The only sad part, which is coming up very quickly, is saying goodbye at the end of the year...

Comments