I wonder...

If I had to choose my favorite word in the English language, I think I would probably land on "wonder"...

... Somehow, that one musical little word manages to relate a feeling of peaceful stillness, while still being full of excitement, adventure, and endless possibility. It brings to mind images of raindrops clinging to moss-covered trees, or velvet night skies glittering with brilliant diamond stars, or cheerful new blossoms bubbling out of their branches.

Sometimes, just hearing the word "wonder" is enough to make me start wondering about how wonderful life can be, how wonderful creation is, and how much more wonderful my Savior is.


And before I know it, I've wondered so much about how wonderful everything is that I'm completely wonderstruck. It's a chain reaction that can be triggered by just about anything-- the sound of the crickets singing in the night air, or the sight of a butterfly darting past, or (especially) a sunny smile and a playful laugh from my nephew...

Yes, I'd definitely say wonder is among my favorite words...

    ... I wonder... 

Comments