I'd rather waltz...

If persimmon trees are some of the best things about autumn, then fresh fields of frothy wheat-like grass must be one of the best things about late spring. I know that to most people, these plants are weeds and somewhat of a nuisance, but somehow that only makes me love them more.

There is something gentle about their velvety green stems, something imaginative about their feathery white heads, something altogether friendly about a murmuring field of them. It always makes me happy to watch the wind play inquisitively among them during the day, or the sunbeams dance around them at sunset, or the moon turning them soft shades of purple at night.



That being said.... 

 ...I'd rather waltz than just walk through a field of wheat any day.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment