Headed Home

Another old post, from sometime in October:

                                   
“Wake up on your own
And look around you ‘cause you’re not alone
Release your high hopes and they’ll survive
‘Cause this is the future and you are alive

Dive in and swim away
From your loneliness and miserable days

And when you wake up on your own
Look around you ‘cause you’re not alone
Let your hopes go and they’ll survive
‘Cause this is the future and you are alive
 …You’re headed home”




...You’re headed home.

This song always renews my perspective on life.  I’m headed home. This life, this journey that I’m on, has a destination. Every twist and turn, every trial and tribulation, is another step, bringing me closer to my eternal home in heaven. I’m not alone. My God is always with me, even though I cannot see Him. His love is a constant refuge, into which I can dive, leaving behind all the miserable days and the loneliness that are so prevalent in this life.

It’s a good thing to keep in mind.

I don’t know what Owl City meant when he wrote these lyrics. I like to think that he was pondering the same things that I ponder when I hear them.

Comments