Somewhere

Every once in a while I get the irresistible urge to hop in a car, or on a bike, or even just on my feet, and go somewhere. It doesn't matter where- in fact, it's usually best if I have no destination in mind. I find that the movement forward, with no care for where I'm coming from or where I'm headed, and the sight of the world skipping carelessly by, can be very soothing. So when my mind is crowded with thoughts and daydreams and musings going 'round and 'round in a fast-paced merri-go-round, usually the best way to slow them down is to take them out and move them forward and let them unravel as we go.



                                  Somehow just the fact that there is a place up ahead, and that we are going there...



  ...makes the merri-go-round spin a little more slowly...



                                                                            ...and my dizzy thoughts shake themselves out...



                      ... and life look a little clearer...


And before I know it my feet (or wheels as it may be) have led me to that somewhere that we were headed towards all along. And then I can take a breath, and the world stops skipping about and stands still, and for a moment or two everything is peaceful and quiet...

Comments

  1. Wow this is soo beautiful Jessica!! I like your style of writing, very poetic. I also love how you sprinkle bits of imagery here and there. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment