A little white horse


A few days ago, I was talking with a young friend of mine about horses. This little girl was very excited to find out that my family owned two horses and immediately asked me what colors they were. I explained that one was brown and the other was, well, lighter brown. She said, a little sadly, that those sounded like very pretty horses... but that it really was too bad that we didn't have a white horse. She went on to tell me that white horses are the most special of all animals, and that she was saving up money to buy one, only she wasn't quite sure they were real, since she'd never seen a live one. We talked about this problem for a little while and then went on to discuss other important topics, such as pony rides, and peanut butter sandwiches, and butterfly wings.

And now, I can't help but wonder... is there something special about white horses?

Comments

Post a Comment