Traveling

I think I'll go on a trip.

I have a suitcase. I have somewhere to go. I have a way to get there.
Why not?


I'll hop a freight train, see the country, sail over the atlantic, bicycle across Europe, ski through Russia, hike around Asia, take a peek at India, stop back in England for a spot of tea, and then find a nice jet plane to take me home.



Or, even better, I could use a pair of five-league boots. Or borrow some wings.


                                     Why not?

 I think I will...
                                     
                                                               ...someday...




But for today, I'm quite happy to take the much shorter trip to visit my nephew.
No five-league-boots needed.

Comments

  1. I think I just might have to get myself a pair of five-league boots, I believe they may come in handy from time to time. Perhaps I'll find some buried in the pages of a good read once I clear the cobwebs and get back to Euralia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Euralia would certainly be the place to look. As a matter of fact, I know of a certain inhabitant of that country who just might be willing to sell you his pair. As I understand it, they caused him a good deal of trouble and he might not be too sorry to part with them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...indeed I found them, though they are two leagues too many. For those difficult time when I need only travel five leagues I will have to opt for smaller steps from those times when I will need travel all seven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah... now that I think about it, I do remember that it is seven and not five-league boots that are more common in the regions of Euralia (and Barodia). Perhaps there is a nice little pair of five-league boots tucked away in some hidden corner of another land, just waiting to be discovered and given a story of their own.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment